The next LVCA General Meeting will take place at the Community House at 8pm on May 13, 2019.
- Meet the Director of the Clarendon Alliance
- Arlington Board Member Eric Gutshall Answers Questions
- Election of 2019-2020 LVCA Board
Meet the Director of the Clarendon Alliance
For the first part of our program, we have invited Elizabeth Crocker, the new Executive Director of the Clarendon Alliance. She is seeking input from Lyon Village neighbors about what you like about Clarendon and about the types of events, such as pop-up markets, that will bring you up to Clarendon.
Elizabeth is an Arlington native and knows Arlington well. The Clarendon Alliance is a nonprofit, public-private partnership with Arlington County and partly funded by the county. Three Lyon Village residents serve on its 15-member volunteer board: Bill Gearhart, representing Lyon Village; and Tom Moriarity and Bill Trahant, appointed by the Arlington County Board. Unlike similar organizations in Ballston and Rosslyn, the Clarendon Alliance is not a BID (business improvement district) funded by a local business taxing district.
Visit by Arlington Board Member Eric Gutshall
In part two, Eric will be address several issues of interest to the neighborhood including:
- What to expect if you happen to live next door to a tear down and rebuild property,
- Discussion of the study now underway on the Arlington permit parking program, and
- The recently approved 2019 Arlington County budget.
He will also be available for a question-and-answer session about other County issues.