Democratic In-Person Caucus Goes Mail-In
The Arlington County Democratic Committee has cancelled the in-person Caucus. Instead, the vote will be conducted by mail-in ballot.
Deadline to request a ballot through the Arlington Dems website is May 7. Two ways to get a ballot:
1) Completing and submitting an online ballot request form (preferred method)
Online Ballot Request Form
2) Downloading and mailing a PDF version of the ballot request form
PDF Version Of The Ballot Request Form
Deadline for returning ballots is May 30. Ballots must be received (not postmarked) by Arlington Dems by May 30.
On the Ballot Meet the Democratic Candidates
● Presidential Candidates: Joe Biden vs. Bernie Sanders
● US Senate (unopposed): Mark Warner
● US House (8th District) (unopposed):Don Beyer
● County Board Candidates: Chanda Choun vs. Libby Garvey
● School Board Candidates (2 seats): Cristina Diaz-Torres, Steven Krieger, Sandy Munnell, David Priddy, & Terron Sims
Instant Runoff Voting (IRV)
The School Board Caucus is using IRV: Under the IRV method, voters rank the candidates in numerical order from 1 to 5 on their ballots. You should mark “1” next to the name of your first choice candidate, “2” for your second choice and so on. Your ballot stays with your first choice candidate unless that candidate is eliminated from the count. At that point, your vote goes to your second choice candidate and so on. IRV is also known as Ranked Choice Voting (RCV) More on RCV