Evaluating “Reopening” Risks
Exposure at a Choir Practice (CDC)
● Social distancing rules are for brief exposures or outdoor exposures.
● Briefly walking/running past someone outside is low risk.
● Social distancing guidelines don’t hold indoors where you spend a lot of time.
The Risks – Know Them – Avoid Them
● Findings support mask wearing as an effective way to limit transmission of the virus from an infected person — known in medical parlance as source control.
● There is some justification for universal mask wearing to prevent those who do not know they are sick from infecting others.
● Hand washing and social distancing are still the most important measures to avoid infection.
Scientific American: How Coronavirus Spreads through the Air