Effective Friday, June 5, Arlington County will reopen numerous park amenities, including LV Park's tennis court and picnic shelter, but not the playground or basketball court.
People must practice social distancing and follow the posted guidelines to help stop disease spread.
Courts are not open for instruction, leagues, organized activities or special events. Do not hang out on the courts. Play for 90 minutes or less. Court use is first-come, first-served; no court reservations. (See below for long list of tennis court rules.)
Park amenities that continue to be closed: community and nature centers, basketball courts, dog parks, playgrounds, restrooms, including portable restrooms, spraygrounds, and volleyball courts. Dog parks, previously planned to be opened during this phase, will remain closed because the number of people who use them would prevent proper social distancing.
FAQs about the Reopening of Parks
Other reopened amenities will include: athletic fields (with restrictions), batting cages, bocce courts, disc golf course, pickleball courts, picnic shelters (for groups of 10 or less), skate park, tennis courts, and tracks. Signage in the parks outlines specific guidance for each amenity and can be found online at Park Reopening Guidelines and Rules
Tennis Court Rules
- Do not use any Arlington Park facility, including tennis courts, if you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing, or if you have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Wash your hands before and after you play; avoid touching your face.
- When possible, only play with family members or those who live in your household.
- Clean and wipe down water bottles and racquets. Do not share equipment.
- No spitting, chewing gum, or sharing snacks.
- Do not alternate court sides during matches.
- Avoid touching gates, nets, fences and benches.
- Limit the number of balls on the court; play with no more than two cans.
- If possible, players should serve with opposite numbered balls and use feet to kick balls to opposing players.