20-25% of LV Residents Ignoring Census
The 2020 Census will
● Determine representation in Congress and the Virginia legislature.
● Be used to allocate hundreds of billions in federal funding including Medicaid, Head Start, school lunches, community mental health services, and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance (SNAP).
● Provide data that will show where communities need new schools, clinics, roads, and services for families, older adults, and children.
Impact in Your Community
How to Complete the Census
● By Mail: Fill out the paper form and mail it.
● Online: Go to
● By Phone: Call 844-330-2020 for English, 844-468-2020 for Spanish or 12 other languages.
● In Person: At a Mobile Questionnaire Assistance (MQA) station or when the Census Taker knocks on your door.
Response Rate by Civic Association (see page 2)