LVCA Meeting Recap Video: Missing Middle (Nov 9)
Possibly the greatest future challenge facing Lyon Village Residents will be proposals to up-zone much on Lyon Village, now limited to single-family houses, to permit duplexes, triplexes, quads, and denser structures, thus dramatically changing the character of Lyon Village.
● Peter Rousselot from Arlingtonians for Our Sustainable Future made his case agains the Missing Middle Housing Study and up-zoning. (27 minutes)
● Matt de Ferranti, County Board Member explained the Missing Middle Housing Study. (20 minutes)
● Q by John & A by Matt & Peter. (25 minutes)
Missing Middle Housing Study
The Missing Middle Housing Study is expected to run through 2022. It will consider such topics as:
● Up-Zoning: Changing the zoning of areas now limited to single-family houses to permit duplexes, triplexes, quads, and denser structures.
● How up-zoning relates to Arlington’s agenda for accelerated development, growth, and density.
● Impacts of up-zoning, accelerated development, growth and density on Arlington’s infrastructure (public schools, fire stations, storm and freshwater distribution systems), environment, and budget.
County’s Missing Middle Web Page
Missing Middle Study Timeline
Missing Middle article published by Arlington Civic Assn
Arlington-Analytics Report on Missing Middle
“Missing Middle” Advocate Targets LV
Best Arlington Neighborhoods