Primaries for Nov 2 Election
Democratic Primary: Apr 23 to June 5
The primary will select statewide candidates for attorney general, lieutenant governor, and governor. The primary in Arlington will also select a candidate to fill a seat on the County Board. The County Board candidates are Chanda Choun website and Takis Karantonis website. Incumbent State delegates are running unopposed so will not be on the primary ballot. Sample Ballot
● Early in-person voting starts Friday, April 23 at 3 locations:
• Courthouse Plaza (2100 Clarendon Blvd.
• Madison Community Center (3829 N Stafford St.
• Walter Reed Community Center (2909 16th St. S
More Information (VADEMS)
● Absentee ballots will be sent on April 23 to early applicants and then as applications are received. The deadline to request a vote by mail ballot is May 28. Deadline for returning ballots in person is 7PM on June 8 or postmarked by June 8 and received by 12PM on June 11.
● Deadline to register to vote in the Primary is May 17.
Request A Vote By Mail Ballot and Register to Vote
To apply for an Absentee ballot you will need to provide your Virginia Driver’s license or state ID number, date of birth, and Social Security number.
Democratic School Board Caucus May 17 – 23
School Board candidates run as independents in Virginia and cannot be nominated by a party in a primary. The Arlington Democrats is running an endorsement caucus. The caucus will be conducted online. Voting will be open 24/7 during the week of May 17-23. For more information and to vote during the voting week go to the VaDems School Board Caucus Page
Candidates are Miranda Turner website and Mary Kadera website.
The Republican Party will hold an “unassembled” state convention on May 8. There will be 37 drive-in sites across the commonwealth where Republicans can cast their ballot. The election will employ rank choice voting where voters indicate their first, second, third choice etc. for each of the 3 statewide offices of governor, lieutenant governor, and attorney general. Arlington GOP Middle Solution story
General Election Nov 2
On Election Day, all Arlington polling places are open from 6AM to 7PM.