Construction continues on the south side of Clarendon Circle, between the Silver Diner and Wells Fargo Bank. The traffic changes are…
- N Irving St (next to Silver Diner) is permanently closed at the intersection.
- Left turn from westbound Washington Blvd to Wilson Blvd is permanently prohibited.
- During construction, the left turn from eastbound Washington Blvd to Clarendon Blvd is prohibited. This restriction will be in place through summer 2019.
Work has begun on the old Red Top Cab site bounded by N. Hudson, N. Irving, and N. 13th Streets.The property is called Alexan Clarendon and is a 330-unit apartment complex. The developer is Trammell Crow Residential. The contractor is John Moriarity. Demolition started in April. Excavation should start in June. The expected completion date is April 2021. Construction hours are weekdays: 7:00am to 6:30pm. Weekends and holidays the hours are 10:00am to 6:30pm. The June construction work will include pile driving, the loudest part of the project.
The Arlington County Board approved a plan to replace the aging commercial buildings on the northwest corner of Washington Blvd and Kirkwood Rd with a seven-story apartment building. The site is home to the former Sport & Health Club fitness center, two single-story commercial office buildings, and the Specialty Services auto service building. All those buildings will be demolished. The new building will have an entry lobby on Washington Boulevard, a tree- shaded interior courtyard, and an underground 198-space parking garage.
Next phase of construction on the south side of Clarendon Circle starts June 3. Work will take about six weeks, weather permitting. Crews are expected to start working near the Silver Diner and then progress toward the Wells Fargo Bank.
The traffic changes are…
The next LVCA General Meeting will take place at the Community House at 8pm on May 13, 2019.
- Meet the Director of the Clarendon Alliance
- Arlington Board Member Eric Gutshall Answers Questions
- Election of 2019-2020 LVCA Board